A subsidiary of Avril, Sofiprotéol is involved financially throughout the oils and proteins sectors mainly. Its activity extends far beyond the Group's industrial subsidiaries, and investment decisions are taken independently within Commitment Boards representing the interests of the various links in the sectors concerned, particularly farmers.
A strategic partner for Avril, Sofiprotéol assists companies of all sizes, often established in the rural environment, with loans and minority share acquisitions. It also supports, in addition to the Group's industrial activity, the development of sectors upstream and downstream. Another of its missions is to foster innovation and company creation, in view of developing new activities and finding new outlets – by investing, for example, in second-generation biofuels or in the IMPROVE research platform for the valorisation of vegetable proteins.
Sofiproteol’s investments ranging from loans to equity capital, are based on an industrial and entrepreneurial approach tailor-made to the needs of your company:
- To Contribute to the growth and development
- To strengthen equity capital
- To support innovation and finance innovative projects
Sofiprotéol is totally in line with the Avril Group strategy notably as concerns sustainable commitment. This takes several forms:
- It assists projects of all sizes
- It is a long- and medium-term partner requiring no obligatory short-term profitability
- Each investment application is assessed with regard to social responsibility criteria: good governance principles, and environmental and social elements consistent with the Avril Group's commitments. The creation of the financial value sought is always compared with the societal qualities of projects.
- Profit from investment is systematically reinvested in the sectors.